Bright Earth Youtube Channel
For our weekly practice and other talks and events – click here.
Very Short Dharma Talks
Watch Kaspa’s series on YouTube
Grounded in Pureland Buddhism – spanning other topics. Click here to see all episodes.
Saturday Night Dharma
A series of talks on various topics by different teachers from the Amida Order, given at Amida Mandala on the first Saturday of each month. Check the events page to see when the next one is.
- Introduction to Buddhism – The Spirit of the Buddha by Rev Kaspalita Listen/Download mp3
- The Self-Perfection Project – Exploding the Myth by Rev Satyavani (recorded at Buddhafield) Listen here
- Compassion and the Five Spiritual Laws by Rev Kaspalita Listen/Download mp3
- Q&A: Compassion and the Five Spiritual Laws by Rev Kaspalita Listen/Download mp3
- Giving by Rev Satyavani Listen/Download mp3
- Living on The Edge Rev Kaspalita Listen/download mp3
- It Will Be Good Rev Kaspalita Listen/download mp3
- A Buddhist Approach to Relationships Rev Satyavani Listen/download mp3
- Buddhism Inside Out, by Rev Kaspalita. Listen/download mp3
- Community and The Religious Life, by Rev Kaspalita Listen/download mp3
- Kindness is the Key by Rev Kaspalita. Listen/download mp3
- Freedom by Acharya Modgala. Listen/download mp3
- Taking Refuge by Rev’d Satyavani Listen/download mp3
- Freedom from Fear by Rev’d Kaspalita Listen/download (mp3)
- How to Love by Rev’d Satyavani Listen/Download (mp3)
- Going with the Flow by Rev’d Kaspalta – Listen/Download (mp3) or Watch on YouTube
Short talks from services (latest are at the bottom of the list)
- 17/2/16 – What we get from the Buddha
- 19/2/16 –
- 21/2/16 – We are all loved
- 2/3/16 – Bowing
- 4/3/16 – What we get from failure
- 16/3/16 – Riding The Dragon
- 20/3/16 – Non-judgement
- 18/5/16 – A bodhisattva is always confessing
- 20/5/16 – Humbled by Amida’s acceptance of others
- 22/05/16 – The Great Way avoids picking and choosing
- 03/06/16 – Coming Down To Earth
- 10/6/16 – Not focusing on results
- 14/9/16 – Progress on the path
- 16/9/16 – An enlightened person is still neurotic
- 25/9/16 – Jnanamati on embodyment
- 28/9/16 – Turning Mara’s arrows into flowers
- 16/10/16 – Growing into Beautiful Things
- 28/9/16 – Satya – The Secular becomes Sacred
- 16/10/16 – Kaspa- Faith and Action
Or stream them from our YouTube channel playlist: short talks
Becoming Friends with Yourself
Two talks from our recent retreat day.
- Creating good conditions – Rev’d Kaspalita. Listen/download mp3.
- Befriending the parts of ourselves we find difficult – Red’d Satyavani. Listen/download mp3.
Makkhima Nikaya – Commentary by Rev Kaspalita
A series of talks on the Middle Length Discourses of the Buddha. The translation I am reading from is by Bhikku Nanamoli and Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- Sabbasava Sutta – All The Taints. Listen/download mp3
- Bhaya-bherava Sutta – Fear and Dread
The Larger Pureland Sutra – Commentary by Rev Kaspalita
A series of talks on the Larger Pureland Sutra, in which Dharmakara Bodhisattva becomes Amida Buddha, and makes his famous vow to save all beings. This is the central text of our tradition. I am using the version of the Sutra compiled by Dharmavidya, which you can read online here: Larger Pureland Sutra. All talks are mp3 format.
- Being in touch with Eternity
- Enlightenment vs Spiritual Maturity
- Transmission and Inspiration
- Creating a World of Peace
- Saving All Beings
- Relating to Amida’s vows, and The Bodhisattva’s Path
- What is it like in the Pureland?
- The Final Four Vows
- Confirmation of Great Vows: The recording failed for this talk.
- Dharmakara becomes Amida Buddha
Although I don’t finish reading to the end of the Sutra in this series, I think that the most important points are covered in these ten talks. If you read on in the Sutra yourself, you will see the remainder is a reiteration and confirmation of what has gone before
The Life of No Regret – Commentary by Rev Kaspalita
This series of short talks (around ten minutes each) focuses one section from the Larger Pureland Sutra. The Life of No Regret is a verse that Dharmakara recites spontaneously when he meets his teacher for the first time. In it he praises his teacher, outlines the qualities of a Buddha and vows to become a Buddha himself. You can read the text online here: Life of No Regret. This series is currently incomplete, but each talk is complete in and of itself. They were given as dharma talks as part of our Wednesday evening service, in 2011.
- Living a Life of No Regret
- Your Radiant Face
- Your Incomparable Face
- Rare and Precious are Your Precepts
- The Oceanic Dharma of All Buddhas, and Love
- You are Like a Lion
- Perfecting Wisdom and Compassion Takes Lifetimes
- A Prayer I Make a Buddha to Become
- Lead all Beings to the Other Shore
- Change Comes From a Change of Heart
- Great Peace For All The Messy, Ordinary People
- Making Offerings: If You Understand This You Understand The Whole of Buddhism
Talks from our Amida Malvern Study Mornings
- Being Human – Rev Kaspalita
- How to Live a Meaningful Life – Rev Kaspalita
- Dealing with Difficult Emotions Rev Kaspalita
- A Buddhist Approach to Joy – Rev Satyavani
- How to Deal With Not Having What You Want – Rev Kaspalita
- A Buddhist Approach to Self Care – Rev Satyavani
- How to Live in Harmony – Rev Kaspalita. See the notes from this talk here: How to Live in Harmony
- A Buddhist Approach to Self Confidence – Rev Kaspalita
- Following Your Dreams – Rev Satyavani
To receive our Dharma Glimpses straight into your inbox (once every two weeks) sign up here.